At Salt Sessions Freediving, we are excited to be teaming up with Shrek from the Noobspearo podcast, to welcome you onto our spearfishing in Whitsundays Liveaboard trip from 7-11 August 2024.
What You Can Expect
For five days and four nights, we will stay on the liveaboard maxi yacht, ‘The Broomstick’, sailing around the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands: exploring the reefs, freediving, and, most importantly, spearfishing. When deciding on joining, remember that:
- We will hold theory sessions and specialised workshops for those looking to do their freediving refresher, and you will have the opportunity to get in the water to line dive every day. We will also hold a beginner’s spearfishing course for those who want to learn the basics.
- There is access to deep water for freediving training, where visibility is usually around 15m. High visibility is vital to freediving for the divers and crew who carefully observe from above.
- We focus the spearfishing aspect of the trip on entry/beginner-level hunters, with an average diving depth of around 5 to 15m available. We can avoid unnecessary mishaps and keep you comfortable by maximising the depth.
What Does Your Trip Include?
If you’re up for the challenge, your trip fee of $2,490 will include:
- Four nights (5 days) on the fully catered ‘The Broomstick’ maxi yacht (BYO alcohol).
- Freediving refresher. This refresher is essential for overall safety, from oxygen and breath management to effective swimming techniques.
- Beginners spearfishing course. Learn the basics of spearfishing and how to make the most of your gear.
Book to Avoid Disappointment
Rather than leave it to the last minute, make sure that you book your space as soon as possible. With limited seats available, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the avid thrill-seeker.