Our spearfishing course will surely tickle your fancy by combining the adventure of exploring the ocean with the thrill of underwater hunting. Perfect for those who don’t have any prior experience, in this course, we seek to teach you about the basics of one of the oldest forms of hunting.
When taking part in our beginner spearfishing course, you can expect to learn everything you need to know about:
- Equipment. From your goggles to your fins, we teach you how to manage your gear and ensure you are never caught off guard.
- Hunting techniques (Reef hunting, blue water spearfishing). Different environments require different approaches, so you can make the most out of each hunt by being prepared.
- Local fish species. Knowing what to look for, you can be specific in your hunting sessions and avoid dangerous, poisonous, or endangered species.
- Dive planning. This type of fishing is physically demanding, where inexperience can result in shorter, less successful, and potentially dangerous dives.
- Dive safety. We prepare you for worst-case scenarios and how to calmly react when facing uncertainty.
Reading weather charts. Once you’re confident enough in your hunting abilities, our weather chart education can enable you to properly prepare your own solo trips.
Why Have Us Teach You Spearfishing Basics?
By working closely with our knowledgeable and friendly instructor, you have the convenience of knowing that you can ask questions and retain more information. With experience in free diving, scuba diving, and spearfishing, we understand the core principles of the ocean and respect it duly. This course is a three-hour online theory session with a maximum of 3 students. We can offer a specialised course to match your goals and learning objectives by keeping our classes more intimate.
Trust in Our Safety
When you want to enter the underwater hunting world, trust Salt Sessions Freediving to show you how – safely.