Do you want to get into spearfishing and you are unsure where to start? Have you been spearfishing for a few years and you are not sure how to improve? Then the Beginner Spearfishing Course is the perfect place to begin.
The course has been written and is hosted by Eckart who started out spearfishing over 20 years ago in South Africa and has since then dived all over the world. He has a passion for spearfishing and freediving, which is what he brings to you during the course. The courses are small with up to 3 students per course and the material is tailored to suit those taking part in the course.
Spearfishing is a thrilling and rewarding activity that combines freediving and fishing. It requires a unique set of skills and knowledge to do it safely and responsibly. If you're interested in getting into spearfishing, taking a beginner's spearfishing course with Salt Sessions Freediving can provide you with a solid foundation and set you up for success. In this blog, we'll explore why taking a beginners spearfishing course with Salt Sessions Freediving will benefit you.
When taking part in our beginner spearfishingcourse, you can expect to learn everything you need to know about:
- Equipment. From your goggles to your fins, we teach you how to manage your gear and ensure you are never caught off guard.
- Hunting techniques (Reef hunting, blue water spearfishing). Different environments require different approaches, so you can make the most out of each hunt by being prepared.
- Local fish species. Knowing what to look for, you can be specific in your hunting sessions and avoid dangerous, poisonous, or endangered species.
- Dive planning. This type of fishing is physically demanding, where inexperience can result in shorter, less successful, and potentially dangerous dives.
- Dive safety. We prepare you for worst-case scenarios and how to calmly react when facing uncertainty.
- Reading weather charts. Once you’re confident enough in your hunting abilities, our weather chart education can enable you to properly prepare your own solo trips.
Taking a beginner's spearfishing course with Salt Sessions Freediving can provide you with a solid foundation in spearfishing, develop a deeper understanding of the sport. It's a great way to start your spearfishing journey and set yourself up for future success.